SET SYNONYM - define synonyms for commands (unavailable)
- [SET] SYNonym ON|OFF
- [SET] SYNonym [LINEND char] newname [n] definition
- The SET SYNONYM command allows the user to define synonyms for commands or macros.
- The first format indicates if synonym processing is to be performed.
- The second format defines a command synonym.
- The synonym is newname , which effectively adds a new THE command with the definition specified by definition . The n parameter defines the minimum length of the abbreviation for the new command An optional LINEND character can be specified prior to newname if the definition contains multiple commands.
- definition can be of the form: [REXX] command [args] [#command [args] [...]] (where # represents the LINEND character specified prior to newname )
- If the optional keyword; 'REXX' , is supplied, the remainder of the command line is treated as a Rexx macro and is passed onto the Rexx interpreter (if you have one) for execution.
- Only 1 level of synonym processing is carried out; therefore a synonym cannot be specified in the definition .
- XEDIT: Compatible. Does not support format that can reorder paramaters.
- KEDIT: Compatible.
The Hessling Editor is Copyright © Mark Hessling, 1990-2006
Generated on: 30 Jan 2006
Return to Table of Contents