SORT - sort selected lines in a file
- SORT target [[sort field 1] [...] [sort field 10]]
- The SORT command sort a portion of a file based on the sort field specifications.
- A sort field specification consists of:
- order flag - [Ascending|Descending]
- left column - left column of field to sort on
- right column - right column of field to sort on
- The right column MUST be >= left column.
- Only 10 sort fields are allowed.
- target can be any valid target including ALL, *, -*, and BLOCK.
- XEDIT: XEDIT only allows ordering flag for all fields
- KEDIT: Compatible.
The Hessling Editor is Copyright © Mark Hessling, 1990-2006
Generated on: 30 Jan 2006
Return to Table of Contents