MOVE - move a portion of text
- MOVE target1 target2
- MOVE BLOCK [RESET]
- The MOVE command copies the contents of a portion of the file to the same or a different file, and deletes the marked portion from the original file.
- The first form of the MOVE command, moves the portion of the file specified by target1 to the line spcified by target2 in the same file.
- The second form of the MOVE command moves the contents of the marked block to the current cursor position. If the optional [ RESET ] argument is supplied, the marked block is reset as though a RESET BLOCK command had been issued.
- XEDIT: N/A
- KEDIT: Adds extra functionality with [RESET] option.
- Incomplete. First form is not supported.
The Hessling Editor is Copyright © Mark Hessling, 1990-2006
Generated on: 30 Jan 2006
Return to Table of Contents