CHANGE - change one string to another
- Change [/string1/string2/ [target] [n] [m]]
- The CHANGE command changes one string of text to another.
- The first parameter to the change command is the old and new string values, seperated by delimiters. The first non alphabetic character after the 'change' command is the delimiter.
- target specifies how many lines are to be searched for occurrences of string1 to be changed.
- n determines how many occurrences of string1 are to be changed to string2 on each line. n may be specified as '*' which will result in all occurrences of string1 will be changed. '*' is equivalent to the current WIDTH of the line.
- m determines from which occurrence of string1 on the line changes are to commence.
- If no arguments are supplied to the CHANGE command, the last change command, if any, is re-executed.
- XEDIT: Compatible. ARBCHAR not supported however.
- KEDIT: Compatible. ARBCHAR not supported however.
- 1 1 1
- See Also:
The Hessling Editor is Copyright © Mark Hessling, 1990-2006
Generated on: 30 Jan 2006
Return to Table of Contents